Pros & Cons Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes for Packing & Moving
Corrugated cardboard boxes have become the popular choice when it comes to packing and storing goods. There are many benefits of using corrugated cardboard boxes; below is a comprehensive list of why choosing a corrugated cardboard box over another style of box is the best choice for moving or shipping.
Benefits Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes
- Light: Cardboard corrugated boxes are light weight, therefore more convenient for handling
- Affordable: They are also relatively inexpensive compared to other box alternatives due to the raw materials used to make the product
- Box Printing: For companies looking to increase their marketing, they are great for the ease of printing directly onto the box during production.
- Labeling: Cardboard corrugated boxes are also easy to write on after production
- Customizable: Cardboard corrugated boxes are available in custom shapes, sizes, designs and can even be dyed to colour, meeting the demands of the particular need
- When done, cardboard corrugated boxes can be recycled completely making them an eco-friendly product choice
Of course, there are a few drawbacks to consider, as well.
Drawbacks Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes
- They are not as durable as boxes made from materials such as plastic or wood. Especially for heavy items or for use under extreme pressure, cardboard corrugated boxes may not be the ideal choice to withstand the pressure
- They are generally used for shorter-term purpose, as such they are not ideally a long-term investment that can be used over and over again