A new year has begun! That is, this is the ideal opportunity for you to plan your company’s year as well. This planning should include all areas – from production to shipping products to their new owners. And if you’re thinking about getting ready to have a more organized and planned year, this post is for you. Let’s talk a little bit about how to get ahead and plan when it comes to cardboard boxes for shipping products.
There are a few reasons why it is important to plan your cardboard box needs in advance. First of all, the cost savings – ordering boxes in bulk can help to reduce costs, as many suppliers offer discounts for larger orders. Also, If you wait until the last minute to order boxes, you may not be able to get the quantity or type you need, which can cause delays in shipping and potentially lead to lost sales.
Besides that, planning ahead can help you to order the right number of boxes and avoid overordering, which can reduce waste and save on costs.
Cardboard Boxes Need: Why Plan Ahead?
There are a few key things that online stores can consider when planning their cardboard box needs for the year:
- Ordering in bulk: Ordering cardboard boxes in bulk can help to reduce costs, as many suppliers offer discounts for larger orders.
- Anticipating shipping volume: It’s important to anticipate how many boxes you will need over the course of the year based on your shipping volume. This can help to ensure that you have enough boxes on hand to meet your needs without overordering.
- Using the right size boxes: Make sure to use the right size boxes for your products to reduce waste and avoid using too much packing material.
- Recycling and reusing boxes: Consider recycling or reusing boxes when possible to reduce waste and save on costs. For example: if you ordered Christmas-themed boxes and didn’t use them all, you can use them for internal company organization.
How Many Boxes do I Need?
If you’re still trying to figure out how many cardboard boxes you’ll need, here are a few tips that can help you out in this task.
- Determine your shipping volume: First, consider how many products you typically ship in a given period of time (e.g. per month, per quarter, per year). This will give you an idea of your overall shipping volume.
- Planning for seasonal changes: If your business experiences fluctuations in shipping volume during different times of the year (e.g. the holiday season), make sure to plan ahead and order enough boxes to meet the increased demand.
- Determine the size and type of boxes you need: Next, consider the size and type of boxes you will need to accommodate your products. You may need different sizes of boxes for different types of products, or you may need specialized boxes (e.g. boxes with dividers or custom packaging).
- Consider any additional packaging materials: In addition to boxes, you may also need additional packaging materials such as bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or foam sheets to protect your products during shipping.
- Estimate your total box needs: Once you have considered all of these factors, you can estimate your total box needs for the period of time you are planning. It may be helpful to create a spreadsheet to keep track of your calculations.
Cardboard Boxes in the Vancouver Area
If you need cardboard boxes in Vancouver, please contact us at Racer Boxes. We work with a wide range of products and we can help you with your demands. In addition, we work with short manufacturing and delivery deadlines. If you still want to put your strategies into practice for the holiday season, get in touch by clicking here.